Every year around the holidays I get the urge to organize and purge. Probably because I know we’re getting ready to have an influx of new stuff, but it’s also a period when I actually have *time* to do it. I decided to re-organize and purge my bathroom cabinet and drawers.
I started by basically pulling everything out and purging first. I think I threw away about 2 small grocery bags of stuff. Old make up that I won’t ever use, expired make up, lotions that had started to smell funny, etc. Then I started to replace everything and find a nice orderly way to organize it. I also wanted to try to take some things off of my counter top (not pictured) and move it into the cabinet. While I still have a lot of stuff (and no before picture) it is more organized.
1. Big changes here were put my hair dryer on a hook (right side)
2. Put brushes into a container- they were taking an entire drawer before
3. Purge old make up and hair products.
4. Organize- yes, you do see 3 bottles of mouthwash and 2 bottles of toothpaste. I bought some with a groupon and then got some for Christmas. It’s an awesome line called Therabreath, seriously helps with morning breath!
My two drawers.
1. Move make up to highest (and smallest drawer)- this drawer was used to hold my hair brushes, which rarely get used. I moved my everyday make up and face products to this drawer.
2. Move my basket of hair accessories and other misc. items to bottom drawer and purge. This drawer was my most messy. It was filled with daily use items that were never organized. I moved my hair accessories here to open up the space in the cabinet for the brushes. In the back of the drawer are my daily items and oft used hair products.